PENTECOST BAPTIST CHURCH INTERNATIONAL, PORTSMOUTH.

Sunday 2 June 2013

The bones that never died. (Ezekiel 37:1-14)

The bones that never died. (Ezekiel 37:1-14)
2Kings 13:21
And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
We all agree that bones are very important in our body. In addition to giving structures and stability, bones protect the body and help in all our movement as human beings.
Job 10:11
Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.
Just as bones are important in the physical, they do have spiritual significance as well. In fact when David sinned he recounted how his bones were broken even without a physical fall and prayed that God should heal his broken bones.
Psalm 51:8
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 31:10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed. 38:3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
It actually seems that the physical bones have a way they connect our physical body to our spiritual essence. Nevertheless, Jesus confirmed that spirit being themselves have no bones and flesh as we do, but we might think that our present bone may contain the nucleus of what God will use to form our celestial bodies.
Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
There even seems to be some spiritual elements in our physical bones.
Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Ezekiel 32:27 And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.
For one, the bible recorded some sacred facts about bones. Every time corpses are buried, the place the bones lie have a great significance in Israel. Joseph pleaded with his brothers not allow his bones to sleep in a foreign land and the brothers adhered to this after his death.
Genesis 50:25
And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence. Exodus 13:19
And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.
At the valley of dry bones, God taught Ezekiel a serious lesson that is capable of universal interpretations. Whereas the Israelites thought their hope is gone, God was saying something different. For as many who think their hope is gone, what God is saying is that the dry bones will live again. Your dry bones will live again. Your hope will be resurrected and will blossom. The power of God will put live in you again. All Ezekiel had to do was to listen to God and follow his instructions. This could be madatoy at some point in our lives.
Jeremiah 20:9
Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word
was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
He was asked to speak a word at a time, a positive word no doubt backed by the power of God. Why don’t you take a second look at that scary situation in your life and see it with the eye of God. Why don’t you take another step and speak a change, a resurrection, a life to that seemingly dead, hopeless situation? It worked for Jeremiah, it will work for you as well because the same God who worked during the time of Jeremiah and Ezekiel is at work today.
Those bones are not actually dead. They are only preserving the future, the endangered destiny. They might seem dry and lifeless, they are not dead. There is life in the dry bones. There is victory in the structure. There is revival in the movement. There is miracle if you dare. Trust God and obey his instructions, you will see his might in display. Those dry bones are the bones that never died. Call them to action. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment