PENTECOST BAPTIST CHURCH INTERNATIONAL, PORTSMOUTH.

Sunday 12 May 2013

Prevailing prayer, prevailing worship, prevailing time (Daniel 9:1-27)

Prevailing prayer, prevailing worship, prevailing time (Daniel 9:1-27)
Prevailing prayer is like wrestling. You have to sweat it out. In Daniel 9, for 21 days the Hebrew slave was fasting and praying for his enslaved nation. His knowledge of prophecy assured him that it was time for their release from captivity. On the contrary there was no freedom in sight, so he decided to iron it out in prayer.
Dan 9:18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.
Thank God he prevailed. My sincere prayer for you is that you will prevail in that situation. But you need encouragement to be able to continue till you prevail. You need people who are daring to prevail like you. Come join this bunch of prevailers in the most inconvenient time to seek God like Daniel did. You will surely prevail.
1Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
The more issues become tough, tight and difficult, the more you have to pray. This is more easily said than done. When you pray through you will definitely breakthrough. You will prevail. Since there is a God in heaven that answers prayers, we are encouraged to keep on praying until we prevail.
Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Prevailing worship on the other hand is irrespective of what is going on around us. Our conviction of God
s absolute righteousness is unshakable by the temporal fluctuations. Prevailing worship is demonstrating intimacy with God our father and connecting him through our spirit in the name of Jesus. John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
At a point when you breakthrough to the realm of the spirit through prevailing prayer or prevailing worship, time becomes inessential. All you feel is the awesome presence of God, May the Lord lead us to have prevailing time in his presence. When Moses entered into God
s presence on the mount Horeb, he just got lost. Forty days and forty nights were like five minutes tea-break. When he came out nobody could look at his face. It was too radiant with Gods glory. The elders had to cover his face with a veil because his people couldnt look at him. You need to spend more time, real time in Gods presence through prevailing prayer and prevailing worship.
Exodus 24:17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel. 18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights. ( Read Exodus 34:28-33, for more)

Nevertheless, prevailing prayer and prevailing worship are only possible when we are born again. When we invite Jesus into our heart and accept that he should direct the affairs of our lives.
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This is when we agree with God that our sins are bad and we turn away from them through God
s help. This is when we make up our mind to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Then we become the children of God through Jesus Christ and then our spirit could meaningfully call Abba Father. The good thing is you can do it now. If you are happy to start a prevailing life, say the following prayer.
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins, the life that I have lived and the wrong things I have done; I need your forgiveness.
I believe that your Son Jesus Christ shed His blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.
I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Saviour. Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honour to you alone. Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. Amen.
God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment